Live Online Education Orientations for Students
These orientations are designed for students taking online classes for the first time or using e-companion for a face-to-face course. This webinar will provide you with all the information you will need to succeed. All a student needs to attend a webinar is a computer, internet access, and computer speakers or a headset with a microphone. This is a live internet session.
Highly recommended for new online students.
- Learn how to login to the online course sites
- Learn how to use BMCC student e-mail to communicate with instructors
- Know how to use the course tools required
- Understand a quality computer setup for online classes
- Explore different tutoring and testing options
Dates & Times
- September 28th 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Collaborate open house on best practices to succeed in online courses
Accessing the Webinars
- Click on the link to start 15 minutes prior to the event starting.
- When you login, use your real first name (no pseudo-names or handles please).
- First time users, turn off internet pop up blockers. Logging in the first time could take a few minutes but it will work. The system downloads or uses a Java Platform to deliver the live session. This does work with dial up connections.
- After logging in, you will see your name in the participant’s frame.