Annual BMCC Student Art Show
May 14 - May 31, 2018
Art Students – submit your artwork!
- Submissions will be accepted from any current BMCC student who has taken at least
one art class at BMCC
- Students may submit up to 5 pieces per medium (for example, 5 paintings AND 5 sculptures)
- Students must submit an Entry Form, an Exhibit Agreement and completed labels must be attached to each piece
- Note: not all submissions are guaranteed to be presented in the exhibit; pieces must meet submission guidelines, must not have been previously submitted or exhibited and must be appropriate for an all-ages audience
- BMCC Student Art Show Agreement
- BMCC Student Art Show Labels and Entry Form
Art Drop-off Dates & Times
Submissions will be accepted at the Betty Feves Memorial Gallery, Pendleton campus, at the following times:
Monday-Thursday, April 23 - 26, 9:30am-1:30pm
Monday-Thursday, April 30 - May 3, 9:30am-1:30pm
If you cannot make it to the Gallery during the drop off times, contact Lori Sams at 541-278-5952
to make alternative arrangements!
Judge & Awards
This year’s Judge is Judith Baumann. Judith is the Master Printer at Crow’s Shadow Institute of the Arts located on the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation. Judith received her MFA in Printmedia from Virginia Commonwealth University and her BFA from Alfred University NYSCC School of Art + Design. Judith completed Tamarind Institute’s prestigious Professional Printer Training Program focused on the art of collaborative lithography. She has taught printmaking at numerous universities and colleges, including The Evergreen State College in Olympia, WA, Yavapai College in Prescott, AZ and Northern Arizona University, in Flagstaff, AZ.
- Prizes will be awarded for Best of Show, 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place, Honorable Mention and People’s Choice
- Monday, May 14, 11am-1pm
- Please join us for food and drinks and to vote for the People’s Choice Award
Art Pick Up Dates & Times
All pieces MUST be picked up during the following times:
-Thursday, May 31st from 1:30-2:00
- Monday June 4th from 9:30-1:30
- Tuesday June 5th from 9:30-1:30
- Wednesday June 6th from 9:30am-1:30pm
If you cannot pick up your work at that time, arrange for someone to pick it up for you. Work that is not picked up will become property of the Gallery.
Contact Lori Sams, Gallery Director, 541-278-5952, email@example.com