Interstate Passport Network
Blue Mountain Community College is a member of the Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education (WICHE) Interstate Passport Network, which provides a framework for block transfer of lower-division general education based on learning outcomes in nine areas:
- Foundational Skills: oral communication, written communication, quantitative literacy
- Knowledge of Concepts: natural sciences, human cultures, creative expression, human society and the individual
- Crosscutting Skills: critical thinking and teamwork/value systems.
Each Network member institution has its own Passport Block—a menu of lower-division general education courses and learning experiences by which a student can earn the Passport. Students who complete BMCC’s Passport Block with a minimum grade of “C” or its equivalent in each course or learning experience will be awarded the Passport by BMCC. Those students who later transfer with a Passport to another Network-member institution will have their learning recognized; they will not have to repeat or take additional courses to satisfy lower-division general education requirements in the Passport’s nine areas.
Students the Passport offers
- An early milestone on the way to a credential.
- Advance knowledge that lower-division general education learning in the Passport’s nine areas will be recognized upon transfer to another Network member institution.
- The potential for faster time to degree, lower cost, less debt, and lower foregone earnings from unduplicated learning.
- A streamlined transfer process and a greater likelihood of successful transfer and completion.
CLICK HERE for Interstate Passport flyer
Interested in learning more about how you can earn the Interstate Passport at BMCC? Contact your faculty advisor or Student Success Coach, or contact Enrollment Services at 541-278-5757.
For more information about the Interstate Passport, see www.wiche.edu/passport.