Oregon Veterans Education Benefit
- The Oregon Department of Veterans Affairs provides educational benefits for pursuit of approved training courses.
- Benefits will be paid for as many months as the veteran spent in active service, up to a maximum of 36 months. Veterans who qualify for the program are entitled to receive up to $150 per month.
ODVA’s Educational Aid will not be paid if the veteran is currently receiving federal educational benefits under any federal act.
- Full-time students are entitled to receive up to $150 per month.
- Part-time students are entitled to receive up to $100 per month.
- School criteria determines full-time and part-time status.
- Active duty in the Armed Forces of the U.S. for not less than 90 days; and
- Released from military service under honorable conditions; and
- Is a resident of Oregon when applying for State Educational Aid; and
- Is a citizen of the United States; and
- Served during the Korean War (June 25, 1950 to January 31, 1955) or after June 30, 1958.
Getting Started and Who to Contact:
Eligibility forms, application forms, and counseling by visiting Oregon Educational Aid for Veterans web page or by calling 1-800-692-9666.