Veterans and Service Members

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


VA Education Benefits

Information for veterans and dependents receiving VA Education Benefits

Certifying Dates for 2017/2018 school year 

Term Registration begins  Initial certifying  Term begins   Second certifying 
 SUMMER May 22 May 29  June 26  July 3 
 FALL June 5  August 21  September 25  October 2 
 WINTER  November 13 December 4  January 8  January 15 
 SPRING February 26  March 5  April 2  April 9 



General information about applying:

  1.  In order to receive Veterans Administration (VA) educational benefits, Veterans must:
    1. Be pursuing a BMCC degree or certificate,
    2. Take the BMCC placement test to determine proper course placement before enrollment,
    3. Be assigned an academic advisor,
    4. Determine which VA Chapter best suits your needs.  Compare options online
  2. To complete your VA file so that your eligible enrollment may be certified, Veterans must:
    1. Apply for VA Education Benefits on-line (review all options first, see above)
    2. Complete, sign, and return the BMCC Veterans' Educational Benefits Request packet, along with the appropriate documentation.

If you were:

Submit a copy of:

Discharged from Active Duty

Certificate of Eligibility letter

National Guard/Reserves

Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)

Transferring from another college

Change of Program/Place of Training


Official transcripts from all prior colleges, as well as any military training transcripts

Return forms to:

Mail:          BMCC Service Center, P.O. Box 100, Pendleton, OR 97801
Fax:          541-278-5889


Additional Information

Important Links


 June 5