Complaint Process

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


The College recognizes that disputes may sometimes arise and requires the parties involved to resolve the conflict informally whenever possible. If resolution cannot be reached informally, a formal complaint process will be provided in order to assure impartial and equitable resolution for those conflicts. Any individual that feels they have been treated unfairly will have the ability to present their concerns and has the right to be heard fairly and promptly.

This complaint process may not be invoked for matters that have independent appeal processes established. Examples of these include, but are not limited to academic standing appeals, student conduct decisions, FERPA regulations, financial aid awarding and decisions, grades, Title IX regulations, discrimination and harassment policies/procedures, and safety related activity.

Matters which are not grievable through the informal or formal complaint process include the following:

  1. Federal and State laws
  2. Employment and personnel decisions
  3. Policies of the Board of Education
  4. Rules and procedures adopted by the department of Community Colleges and Workforce Development  
  5. Procedures for filing a formal complaint: (After efforts to resolve informally have been exhausted.)

Complaints should be filed as soon as possible or no more than 90 days after the incident occurs. Confirmation that a complaint has been received and is being considered will take place within five regular business days by an appointed College designee via the complainant’s preferred contact information. Documentation of all formal complaints will be maintained by the Office of Student Affairs.


  • Complaint Process

    • Out-Of-State Academic Student Complaint Procedure

    • Informal Complaints

    • Formal Instructional Complaints

    • Formal Non-Instructional Complaints


Please contact us at should you have questions or need assistance with the formal complaint process. 

You may download and complete a PDF version of the complaint form or submit the online version.

Students may also contact the Oregon Department of Community Colleges and Workforce Development (CCWD) by phone at (503) 947-2430 or by email to

Blue Mountain Community College is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). Information regarding their complaint process can be found on the NWCCU ( ) website