Transfer Resources

Earned credit from another College?

In general, BMCC accepts college-level credits earned at regionally-accredited colleges or universities. Your accepted credits will become a part of your permanent academic record at BMCC and will be noted on your official grade transcript at the time a certificate or degree is earned. Grades earned from BMCC and other colleges that are applied towards a specific certificate or degree will be used to compute your grade point average for that specific program only. In all other cases, only grades earned at BMCC are used to compute your cumulative GPA.

Transferring Credits To BMCC

To have credits earned from other colleges evaluated towards your certificate/degree intent at BMCC, you will need to complete BMCC’s Transcript Evaluation Request form. You will also need to request that official transcripts be sent from other colleges to BMCC’s Registrar’s Office. Official transcripts must include both a signature from the issuing institution and its authorized seal and be delivered to BMCC in a sealed envelope.

If you have taken the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) or the Advanced Placement (AP) test, request that your scores be forwarded to the registrar’s office. Exams must have been taken within 3 years of the date you are requesting credit. Credits received for AP, CLEP, or military experience at other colleges and universities will not be accepted. You must have your exam scores and or official military transcripts sent directly to BMCC.

  • Use TES (Transfer Evaluation System) to search for transfer equivalencies by looking at the institution you are transferring from and how those courses will be evaluated at BMCC.

If you would like an official transcript evaluation done, please be sure to complete the following:

Requests are processed within one to two weeks.

If you have questions or would like to meet with one of our Completion Specialists, please contact us at (541) 278-5789 or by email to

Transferring Credits From BMCC

Up to 120 lower division transfer credit hours earned at a community college could transfer and be accepted toward graduation requirements by colleges and universities of the Oregon University System (University of Oregon, Oregon State University, Portland State University, Eastern Oregon University, Western Oregon University, Southern Oregon University and Oregon Institute of Technology).

Discuss transfer-ability of courses with your academic advisor, the Director of Admissions & Records, or the school to which you wish to transfer to facilitate transition from BMCC to a four-year institution.

For information, contact the Registrar at (541) 278-5759.

Skip to content